Thursday 13 March 2014

Isleham Rocks!

Well the first event of the season beckoned, we chose Isleham as we heard they prepared the ground early, it is flat, the ground is usually good and they always run. All of those things were right. It was the perfect event to kick the season off.

Our journey was straight forward, if a little long but we arrived in bright sunshine. Micheal and Lisa Rogers from MDR photo also came along to support and take photos. (Thank you)

I hope we have started the season as we mean to go on because 1. We did not get lost 2. We arrived in good time 3. I got to all my disciplines on time and with plenty of time to warm up  4. I stayed on  5.Mum stayed upright !!!

I was pretty pleased with the dressage. We got an average score of 32, my centre lines could have been better, the medium canter was in danger of becoming a gallop but actually all in all I played it safe and I was pleased, he wasn't tense and we were quite accurate.


The showjumping caught some people out, luckily I saw Alice Dunsdon and was able to talk through the course, I was pretty ok with most of it but the last double looked tricky and not many people met it on the right stride. Alice told me to square it off and it rode like a dream. We went clear and I was pretty pleased with the round.

By the time we came to XC we were in our stride and it just felt great to be out Danny rode like a dream, we had a slight sticky moment  going into the water, where I nearly got jumped off and I very nearly got wet, but I regained my balance and we carried on to finish the course in style! We had oodles of time penalties but we were not riding for time as it is too early in the season to be pushing him.

We were joint 3rd after showjumping but slipped to 8th on time penalties.

Roll on Aldon Intermediate Novice!!

Many thanks to http://www.mdr-photo.co.uk for the pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment