Thursday 20 March 2014

Aldon is that in Hampshire or Somerset?!!!


Despite going out and celebrating our friend Marcus Gorman's 50th birthday Mum still managed to get up at 5am to feed the horses. We kind of have a routine show mornings. Mum gets up and goes straight out and feeds and skips out, I get up get ready, go out and get the horses ready, rug up the others and turn out, Mum comes in and gets herself and food for the day ready. Usually that all happens in sequence, occasionally it all goes a bit wrong. This morning owing to a little bit of a hangover from Mum it may have gone a little awry but we were on the road by 6.20am, 20 mins late far better than Tina who was out with Mum and was 50 minutes late leaving! Thankfully I had asked Gary Stevens to drive and help out, so Mum didn't have to drive!! Unfortunately I told Gary that we were going to Hampshire, an hour and half into the journey, Gary asked exactly where we were going and was a little shocked when Mum said Somerset.....whoops! Sorry Kate if you were expecting him back sooner

When we got to Aldon (in Somerset) once again Micheal and Lisa from MDR photo were there to support me, we met Micheal at the cross country and walked it together,

Once again we made it to all three phases in good time, lets hope this continues all season!
Our dressage unfortunately was nothing like our practice with Fiona Bigwood a few days earlier. Danny was tense and on edge, I played it quiet but that meant he didn't go forward enough, I think it may be our worst dressage score to date but I am not worried about that, I know I can get that back with him, he just needs few more outings to relax.

The showjumping went well and he was clear. I was so pleased with this as this is the phase we have been working on in our winter training, it has been our weakest phase as a partnership but today it felt awesome and all that work has paid off.
When we turned up to cross country it was a little overcrowded but Tina was waiting too so we walked and talked to pass the time. When I eventually went it felt so good, we went round in a great rhythm and met everything right. I still got lots of time penalties but I think it will be at least one more outing before I try and be a little more competitive. I know he is fit though, Aldon is really hilly and he was hardly blowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment