Thursday 7 April 2011

Jakes Dressage lesson with Mel Breen - 13 days to go

It was still 20 degrees at 6pm tonight in April! Maybe I should not confess this but I have not had a flatwork lesson on Jake since last season! We were supposed to start 6 weeks earlier on the day we had the crash and then when we were finally able to have a lesson Jake was lame. Still better late than never and we still have loads of time 13 days! This actually was an excellent lesson, I got him really rounded and really taking the contact. Jake always has excellent rhythm but he tends to resist the contact, if he is put under pressure. We worked through his stiffness and I got the concept of both hands and both legs working together! He gave me a bit of the run around and kept evading the contact and sticking his head up. The 22 dressage I got a tweseldown last month seemed like a life time away at times but then he softened and he was amazing.
Magnetic rug and ice boots on tonight, he is still sound!

No comments:

Post a Comment