Saturday 23 April 2011

Felbridge Dressage Championships

Still a little jaded ourselves, we took a very lazy Estella to Felbridge Elemenrty Dressage Championships.I have not ridden Stella all week, she has been left out as I had been at Badminton with Jake and I did not know my test. I warmed her up in a double bridle but felt she was backing off it a lot when she doesn't normally, she usually goes very well in it, so 5 minutes before I was on I did a quick change to the normal snaffle, it did not make any difference. I was also not able to ride through the test before as the warm up arena was not very big. I knew this wasn't going to be a good dressage test and I was right! The horn went,  we enter, Stella jumps the flower pot, spooks and we go way off the centre line and the test pretty much goes that way all the way through! We where both tired and the only way I can describe what it looked like was 2 wet rags! Oh well I have learnt that before a competition I will leave her in for a couple of days feeding her up then hopefully I will get a better tune out of her. OH by the way not sure what the judge was seeing but I came 2nd!!!!! Back to Badminton tomorrow for XC day and some retail therapy!

No comments:

Post a Comment