Saturday 31 March 2012

Dancers and my First Affiliated Dressage Competition

For some reason I was so nervous about Friday. ( I never get nervous). I think it was because I wanted to do the right thing by Dancer. It was his first Affiliated competition and second ever outing. We were in the Shearwater four year old qualifier.
We turned up and erm well I felt a little out of place, there is lots of bling in dressage, one particular diamante brow band with a diamond tear drop in the middle caught my eye, and not for good reasons! Also there were some rather stunning riders.
So off I went to the warm up and tried to ignore the fact that I was riding alongside International Grand Prix Riders and professional producers! Luckily I don't know anyone in Dressage really and so was not intimidated by who they were even though I could see how well they were riding. Dancer had to be one of the smallest horses there and I was the youngest by far!
Actually I think Dancer held his own in the warm up, I have never felt him go so well, he learns so quickly but I think he got a little too comfortable and familiar with other horses going round, because when it was our turn to go into the ring he was really spooky again and of course he is not used to people watching around the arena either, so it was a bit of an experience for him! In the end he got 63%. Liz was really pleased with our performance, he just needs to get out to as many places as possible to gain experience. I had a great road trip with Liz and I can't wait for the next one. Have I been converted to dressage? Think I may have the bug you know! Now where is Pearl lets go and practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment