Monday 3 October 2011

Tina Cook lesson!

My first lesson in a really long time and it made me realise that I need to get out running!!!!!

What I tried doing this time was riding Estella in a double bridle and Tina's suggestion was just to train her in it and to go back to the snaffle during tests, this in fact works really well!

The lesson went really well too, we worked on just going forwards and coming off my leg. We were doing a sort of shoulder-in on a 10 metre circle, not letting her fall in or lose the outside shoulder, which with her it quite hard because she is a "stiff old bird" as Tina says. We also worked on the straightnesss of the canter so we went down the centre line and I had to make sure she didnt swing her quarters left or right, we did a lot of counter counter to help with this, we worked on me as well, making sure I kept my sholders back and my lower leg just behind the girth, not too far behind and making sure its on the girth when doing laterall work.


We are off to Weston tomorrow till Sunday to do the CCI 1* which i am very much looking forward to! whooooo!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment