Friday 30 September 2011

South Of England

Estella at South of England doing the  CIC1*

A little daunting as when I looked at my section of 90 competitors it included Pippa Funnell, Lucinda Fredricks, Ken Spencer, Clayton Fredricks, Gemma Tattesall, Sacha Pemble...................

It was a bit quiet on the Friday afternoon when we turned up to do the trot up and our dressage, it was hard to believe that the showground would be packed out over the weekend. But it was quite relaxed and we had loads of time to walk the xc too.

The dressage was fantastic we got a 45 which I was over the moon about and at the end of the dressage I was in quite a good place I think about 15th.

We went back on the Saturday to walk the xc course again and walk the show jumping.

On Sunday we had a very early start and arrived at the showground for 7.15am I walked the sj course again Then our friend Lisa turned up to watch, though we soon put her to work!

At the SJ Estella jumped well but was a tad careless at one of the jumps and had it down, she was very spooky that day and was backing of everything so she took a bit of riding.

I went straight to the xc to walk part of of it again as there had been a course change and arranged to meet Lisa, Jill and Mum at the warm up with Estella. I didn't have too long to warm up and then we were on. It was a very long course and hilly but we went clear inside the time which I was chuffed with!

With this it left me in 12th place which was very respectable, very much so considering the company of all the professional riders I was in.

Of course it wouldnt be right just leaving it at this without telling you the other things that happened e.g my Mother embarrassing me several times 1.Walking into a chair when it was silent which caused everyone to look round. 2. She fell in to a dip and nearly fell over a ledge! 3. Talking on the phone about a certain professional dressage rider (nice things) but hadn't realised they where walking right in front of us! This caused me to completely disown her! Butttt then I remember its character building!

I am not sure whether I relayed the incident about Mum and the bicycle in France at Haras, but I am slightly worried as apparently we are taking the bikes to Weston next week, god I hope she stays on this time!

Next up date my Tina Cook lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment