Saturday 29 October 2011

NSEA (National School Championships)

The last road trip of the year. Off we went on Friday afternoon to Buckinghamshire. Addington was our destination.(Its very posh with very scary security men).

We were on first thing on Saturday morning for the open showjumping. I was the last rider of my team, Stella did a beautiful clear which put us in to the jump off, due to take place in the evening.

Not long to wait before I had to go and do the individual novice dressage, the test was fine but I had not been able to practice it as Stella had needed to recover from Weston and I had only started riding her 5 days before.I came 7th. My score was OK, if I'm honest I used it as a warm up and arena familiarisation for the Individual Elementary, which came next! I was so pleased with my result. I was up against British Dressage Young Riders and a lot of them were older than me and their horses younger and more supple than Stella. We came 3rd! I felt such an achievement.

The showjumping final took place at 7.45pm that evening, we were a little tired! However 3 beautiful clears, secured Farlington as Reserve Champions, what an achievement!

Sunday was a little more chilled with the team dressage. Unfortunately I forgot the test and can you blame me, I had had to learn 3 dressage tests, in a large arena (which we don't have) . I had not even been able to look at this test till Sunday, incase I got confused, Stella still got 70% and the others came 4th and 5th in their arenas, so we secured 4th place as a team. Yay, GO Farlington. I think we were one of the smallest teams, from one of the smallest schools and we all managed to be placed in everything we did! Long trip home, I think we arrived home about midnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment