Friday 12 August 2011

Training sessions for France on Estella

Tina Cook lesson, Monday.
Recently Stella has been returning to her old habit of going really slowly and making me work extra hard. So this is what we solved: Tina had me doing medium trot and medium canter, just making her go really forwards and responding to my leg but not letting it all go out the front and holding it together which gave me such a good outcome. We worked on getting some spark into her, Tina said we both looked really pretty but a bit flat.We also did some awesome jumping, Tina told me to push myself slightly out of my confort zone and push her on a little more which made the jump so much better and it meant Estella would then have enough power just to take the longer strides to the jump, this will help massively with France because apparently the French have longer distances  and we will need to jump on a more open stride,so this will help us to make up the distances in the combinations.

During this lesson Mum managed to fall backwards off of a jumping block, squash Tina's puppy with a show jump and lose the puppy she was supposed to be looking after! Not embarrassing at all!


Ken Spencer lesson this evening to practice THE TEST!!
It went exceptionally well, I have learnt how to do sitting trot with my light seat which means I do not block Stella and she is a lot more supple and forward. I just have to remember my corners and in canter to stay STRAIGHT and not to let her hollow on the right canter! AND REMEMBER THE TEST!!!!!!! Apart from that it should be good!! Good old Uncle Ken he always gives me the confidence before an event!

Mum had a lesson with Ken too - how to quarter mark, so we should look very posh going into the ring, if Mum practices enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment