Sunday 1 May 2011

When all you can do is laugh!

What can I say, you have good days and you have weird days and you have to take it all in your stride.
We warmed up nicely for our dressage at Nurstead, for the Junior Regional Novice and all is fine and dandy, Stella warmed up really well, then it was my turn to go in. The judges kept me walking and trotting around the arena for ages. I went round 5 times before they beeped the horn and then they went and beeped it at A!! So I had to go all the way round again and then they beeped the horn for a second time! But I didn't feel the nerves at all today, felt absolutely fine, we went in and did our job and came out feeling fairly confident, knowing it was an alright test and at a guess thought it would have been in in low 30's.
Went to go and look at the scores and unbelievably it said I had a 40 dressage! I am all for judges seeing different things and liking different things and I am happy to take most things on the chin, but no one that watched it could understand it!
I went and looked at the score board and they had withdrawn me! We asked the organisers why they had withdrawn me, no one knew so they reinstated me, then we questioned the dressage score, they told us it definitely was a 40!
We left it at that and concentrated on the rest of the competition. Which then resulted in a double clear. They announced I was clear cross country at a good pace and then announced I had finished on my dressage score with no time penalties.
However the weird day just got weirder, when we went to look at the score board they had given me 9.2 penalties for going to slow! Got my test sheet back and no one recognised it as the same test. Should we challenge it? No we will put it behind us and move it on. Take it on the chin and smile!
My brother has told me to put on the end of this "The greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time you fall", he asked me to reference this to Dr Upton 2011 but since he is not a Dr yet, R Upton BSc hons will have to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment