Sunday 20 May 2012

Sunny 20/5/12

IMG_2789IMG_2788IMG_2784IMG_2782IMG_2780
IMG_2792 Sunny 20/5/12, a set on Flickr.
Sunny 20/5/12, a set on Flickr.
Today we went to see Sunny, my old pony. It is two years since we sold him and it has taken this long before I could bear to go and see him.
He was a pony of a lifetime, every child should have a pony like Sunny to teach them the ropes.
Sunny came to us, unseen, through a friend. He was brought up on a farm and had been a fab pony for two people before coming to me. When we heard about him he had been happily grazing in a field in Cheltenham for 6 months after being a top tetrathlon pony.
He arrived whilst we were on holiday and went to Camilla Kear for a week. Both Camilla and Jenny said if we didn't buy him, they would!
I had many, many wins on Sunny, he taught me eveything and i remember it was also the time that I first met Ken Spencer and he started to train me.
A few highlights stick in my head but none more than at the age of 12 after only a couple of trainings with Ken our 26 dressage and win at Eridge. I actually cried when I read the dressage board and so did Mum. Sunny was type of pony that you could ride bareback through the fields in a headcollar one day and event him the next.
It was so lovely to see him so happy today. He has gone to the best family. At the time we sold him we had two people that wanted him, the other lady kept ringing and offering more money, but we chose the home over everything else and he leads a very happy laid back life, the best life a horse could wish for.
Instead of leaving him feeling sad, Mum and I left feeling very happy. Thank you Helen and Lizzie for giving him such a great home and and inviting us along today.

No comments:

Post a Comment