Sunday 13 November 2011

I LOVE YARA !



So I had my first lesson on her on Friday and she was fantastic... we did a bit of grid work reaching the height of 1m 10 as a spread, not only has she never done a grid work session but she has never jumped that height and she did it all with ease! She also jumped a barrel!!!!!

Yesterday I took her for a nice long hack and jumped a few tiger traps and ditches which she was extremely bold over and they were quite smooky.


Today I took her to a PC lesson with Ken. We jumped on a 20 metre circle making sure after each cross pole that we landed on the correct leg, a difficult exercise that she made very easy. Ken then set up an upright which we had to jump off the left rein but then change the leg over the fence onto the right leg and then turn right. We went back round to jump the upright off the right rein and change the leg onto the left leg again. Changing leg to the left lead she did perfect first time but then the 2nd time I did not put enough weight onto the left side so she didn't quite change, so Ken shouted "ask for flying change" and so I did and straight away she just changed,  just brilliant. She is learning so quickly and we are just getting on so well. I love her to pieces.

Next things for Yara
  • lesson at Kens on Friday
  • XC schooling in the next 2/3 weeks 
  • Dressage competition 
  • Show jumping competition 
  • And more training

No comments:

Post a Comment