Saturday 25 June 2011

My Pearly!!!

Intro at Rackham today on Pearl!

It was lovely to have Jill back from Canada, she very kindly took us again, as the lorry still is not ready!

Well as usual it started off interesting: Our dressage, normally Pearl's best phase turned out as a 40! I have a whole bunch of 4's on my sheet, because she bronked and bucked her way through the test, and all I could do was laugh, unfortunately we were right next to the cross country which explains some the exuberance, but it was the best I felt her move (when she stopped messing around).

The show jumping - well this past week I have tried to work out why she gets so stressed and why she rushes, so all week I have thought over and over it, it took one morning before school whilst eating my breakfast reading "Horse and Hound" and I spied an article about when Lucinda Green rode Nicola Wilson's Opposition Buzz. She explained that he has his own technique and that's just how he is. Not until later on that evening I was thinking about that article and Pearl, that's when it hit me like a big red bus! Pearl has her own technique, ride her how she wants to be ridden. Getting hit my a big red bus was the best thing that has happened, it was the best round she has ever done today. I have never felt her use her back like she did today, it felt like we did it in slow motion. She did have the planks down but that was just because we were slightly far off it but she didn't freak, she just straight away waited for my instruction, she was perfect and to top it off she did the most confident and bold cross country I have ever felt from her, doing a beautiful clear round inside the time!!!

I am chuffed with the little mare for once I actually felt what she will be like, its all so exciting! Know doubt she will be going back a few steps in the near future but you have to take the good with the bad!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment