Thursday 31 March 2011

Cross Country Training with Sacha Pemble

With Jake out of action for a few days it was a bit of a lift to get a call from Christopher Berry asking if I would like to join him for a training session with Sacha Pemble, he was offering to pick me and Stella up and take me to Lodge Farm nr Tunbridge Wells. Never been to Lodge Farm before, it was all nicely spaced out, lots of room, ground was good and jumps were well built with a lot of variety. When we finally got there (slight hiccups on the journey), it was a bit wet but it was a very good lesson. Sacha is very down to earth and a very good teacher. I learnt a lot and I realised I am a bit of an adrenalin junkie and I am learning to slow down but keep the power.  I was testing the technicality more than the height which was exactly what I wanted to do. I have a lot to put into practice at South of England BE next weekend, I think another practice run somewhere before would be a good idea to consolidate what I learnt.

No comments:

Post a Comment